Instructions for submitting a paper to the 2019 FIRS Conference
More information regarding paper submissions for FIRS 2019 coming soon.
Paper submission uses the ConfTool platform, requires a $50 submission fee, and a pdf file of your paper that includes an abstract but no author-identifying information. There are three main steps:
- Start at the website https://www.conftool.org/firs2019/ to create an account in ConfTool that registers your personal information. You are then directed to pay a submission fee via Paypal.
- Make payment of a $50 submission (“Pre-registration”) fee via PayPal using a PayPal account or credit card. After making your payment, click on “Return to Financial Intermediation Research Society.”
- Click on “Your Submissions” and then “FIRS 2018 Paper Submission” where you record information on your paper and upload a pdf file.
PhD Job-Candidate Session
The 2018 FIRS Conference will hold a special session for PhD students planning to go on the job market during the 2018/19 academic year. Each paper will be discussed by a seasoned researcher in a session open to all FIRS participants. Student nominees must submit a solo-authored draft of their job-market paper, along with an advisor’s letter of support. All fields in finance will be considered. Conference fees will be waived for students whose papers are accepted for the special session, and FIRS will reimburse these students up to $1,000 to cover travel and hotel expenses.
PhD Job-Candidate paper submissions:
- Deadline: April 1, 2018.
- Submission link: https://firsociety.wufoo.com/forms/firs-2019-phd-paper-submission/
- Decisions will be made by April 15, 2018.